The role of Class Assistant(CA) is to assist professors for their classes. Students can apply for a class assistant(CA) position during the designated application period. Payments are made in every 6th and 12th week of their working period and students must submit their work confirmation signed by professors to the Academic Affairs Division. If they fail to submit their work confirmation, they will not receive the scholarship for the given week. Please keep in mind that students may be excluded in CA Candidates of next semester if they do not fulfill their duty.
- 1There will be a notice of CA Application at the beginning of the semester. You can only apply for classes that you are enrolled.
- 2CAs are assigned from the interest applicants on basis of professor’s preference (candidate’s admission scholarship, prior experience, willingness to serve, etc.).
- 1Prepare for class (make room reservations, set-up presentation tools: microphone, pointer, etc.)
- 2Check class attendance
- 3If needed, end an e-mail notice, collect assignments, and upload lecture notes
- 4Organize a class gathering
- 5Act as an emergency contact point
- 6Conduct miscellaneous duties upon teacher’s request
The role of Research Assistant(RA) is mainly to facilitate faculty members’ individual research projects. The duties include, but are not limited to searching for relevant data, documenting research results, and/or completing specific tasks assigned by each professor.
- 1Contact professor(s) who are conducting research project(s)
- 2Submit the designated, signed form to the faculty support office with the other required documents
The role of Teaching Assistant(TA) is mainly to provide sessions and to run office hours for Q&A for designated courses' students to support and enhance student learning. TAs are compensated at the end of each semester. TA compensation consists of a stipend based on their working records.
- 1Check available positions through TA application notice each semester
- 2Apply for a TA position through MIS
- 3Selected by professor(s)
- 1Provide TA sessions
- 2Run office hour