Please note that you should sign up for two(2) types of insurance during your stay in Korea.
1. Group Insurance (For the first 2-3 months in Korea)
All international students MUST carry an insurance policy. Most international students at KDI School apply for the insurance that the school recommends. There could be a group discount, depending on the number of students.
As you will be enrolled in the National Health Insurance when your Alien Registration Number is created, which takes approximately 2-3 months after your arrival, this group insurance will cover you during the period before your National Health Insurance starts. Further information regarding Alien Registration application will be provided during the orientation session.
※ Note : If you do not want to apply for the group insurance, you must get the insurance on your own. Please send the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an insurance policy other than the one that the school recommends, the school cannot help you with any future insurance claims.
- Visit hospital and
- Pay for the medical fee and
keep the receipts
from the hospital
- Claim to insurer with
the medical receipts
- Get reimbursed of
paid medical fee
- 1 Visit hospital and get treatment: for hospital information, please ask the school nurse
(Contact: email@example.com / 044-550-1054)
- 2 Pay the medical fee and keep the receipts from the hospital.
- 3 File a claim with the insurer and provide the documents and medical receiprt.
- 4 Get reimbursed for the medical fees you have paid.
Documents Needed for Claims
- 1 Claim report + Personal data processing agreement (Download from the insurance claim website)
- 2 Copy of your Alien Registration Card
- 3 Copy of your bank book
- 4 Receipt of treatment and/or from pharmacy (not credit card receipt)
- 5 Detailed statement of medical expenses
Contact of Informatin for Insurance Company
- 1 Name of Company: Jungang INS
- 2 Website: http://n.foreignerdb.com/kdis
- 3 Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 02-776-8500 / KAKAO ID: INSCLAIM (English Service), CLAIMS (Chinese Service)
※ For a detailed claim procedure, please refer to the attached file.
|Accidental death and Disability
|Medical Inpatient Treatments when Abroad
|Evacuation / Repatriation
|Injury or Sickness Medical Reimbursement (Domestic)
|Manipulation / Extracorporeal shock wave / Prolotheraphy expenses(in Korea)
|Injection expenses(in Korea)
|MRI / MRA expenses
|Liability of Reparation
※ For detailed information on Coverage Limit & Not Coverage List, please refer to the attached file.Foreign Student Insurance Foreign Student Insurance (Coverage Limit_Not Coverage List)
2. National Health Insurance (Mandatory Subscription)
All foreign nationals staying in Korea longer than 6 months MUST be enrolled in the National Health Insurance, in accordance with the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health and Welfare. Your enrollment to the National Health Insurance will start from the day your Alien Registration Number is registered in the Ministry of Justice's system, which will be approximately 2 months after your arrival. The school will provide further information regarding the National Health Insurance during the orientation session.
The Student Affairs Division will set a day for you to sign up for 『Automatic Transfer for the Insurance Contributions』 and『 Receiving the Insurance Bill through E-mail 』after you receive your Alien Registration Number.
Upon completion of signing the two forms, your insurance contributions will be automatically transferred from your bank account, starting from next month. In addition, you will be receiving your insurance bill via e-mail (not via postal mail) going forward. Please be mindful that the automatic transfer cannot be executed if you do not have a sufficient balance in your account.
※ Note : You can call the National Health Insurance Center by 033-811-2000 or 1577-1000 (and press 7 for foreign language service).
Difference with Private Health Insurance
The insured is NOT required to claim benefits after receiving treatment.
When you visit the hospital, you should simply present your Alien Registration Card.
The medical bill you receive after your treatment will be the final amount that you are required to pay.